Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Home Home Home Home Home Home Home
Add Reply
Join the Open SP Skype group!; Skype group for the new gen!
Topic Started: Sunday Dec 20 2015, 02:55 PM (1,248 Views)
Sweet_lil_Eliza
Member Avatar
Excessively chatty, hypnotising, chocolate lover
Privileged Member
SONIC PARADOX: THE NEW GENERATION SKYPE GROUP THREAD

Greetings, everyone!

It's really great to see that new people are still joining the SP Forums. Many of them are REALLY talented and have the capability to be an important and integral part of SP one day, able to contribute great things and make strong connections. Although the forums are a fine method of presenting the work and showing talent, there's a heavy lack of communication among all types of members in general. Of course, this is not anyone's fault, because forums are not as fast, convenient or active, but this creates a gap between the newer/normal members and the higher ups (who can't respond as often and notice the things around because they're too busy). Forums also do not show the communicative and the teamwork skills as much.

However, there are plenty of talented and creative people who definitely have the potential to contribute and be great future members of Sonic Paradox, and for that reason, Recorderdude and I came up with the solution of a proper Skype Group for the newer/normal members. Not only will this make the entire process of discovering talents easier, but it will also provide a platform for like minded members to communicate and come up with good suggestions/ideas! (To be honest, making nice friends is a good thing, at the end of the day! :))

This is not the first SP TNG group, though. A previous group for such members did exist, but it eventually broke down due to various reasons, including lack of coordination and immaturity. That doesn't means it was a bad idea, though! (Two members got promoted and a member is now part of the official SP higher-up group) But it also means that some rules have to be implemented (All of these are made on the basis of previous experience with the old SP:TNG, more might be added as needed.):

1) No pointless meme spamming. It looks stupid and encourages you to be stupid, on top of the fact that memes lose their humor pretty quickly.

2) Please respect other members of TNG, and if they're upsetting you, talk it out to them in a private convo or report it to me or Recorderdude.

3) We are glad to have people around in SP and the TNG group, and sometimes, might show previews of behind the scenes info/videos to get suggestions for improvements. However, Please keep any behind the scenes Sonic Paradox work limited to the group if shown. We don't like releasing early WIPs because people reupload them and make us look bad/take away hype from the final project.

4) PLEASE don't be a tryhard*. You've got a MUCH better chance of ascending in SP if you just be yourself instead of trying to force yourself to be constantly funny and likable. If you hide your personality behind jokes, you might not end up being very well accepted.

5) If you ask for constructive criticism, be ready for it to be critical, too. you need to know what you did wrong to grow.

6) Try being communicative, even if we like your work and you get promoted in the forums does NOT mean you will get promoted into the higher SP group. You've got to prove that you can be communicative and an acceptable person to be around.

7) New people are nice but no normal member may add any new member without my or Recorderdude's permission.

8) With occurrences of many new members who want to join immediately after joining the forums, we have a new rule, or perhaps, CONDITIONS FOR JOINING:

a) Should have been a member of the forums since a month, at least.

b) Have made five posts deemed to be of good quality (no meme-spamming, awful ideas, or quick responses. Forum games do not count, but any topic involving posting your thoughts on a situation, game, life, or showing creative work does.)

When you request membership, one of us(Recorderdude or Sweet_lil_eliza) will examine your join date and posts and respond with a decision within three days.

You can either post your Skype username in this thread, or PM me or Recorderdude your Skype name so either of us can add you. Don't worry, we don't bite :) (unless you're a pizza).
If you behave well and prove yourself to be worth it, you WILL be promoted. However, we want patience and understanding. Also, regarding this, the final decision is Recorderdude's, and we'd like you all to be polite to both of us.

*This means we don't want you to put on a show, acting like you're perfect, and don't want you to end up trying everything by yourself. I got in solely because of my art skills (not even animation) and my attitude towards SP, and I'm honestly no one special. Just be the person you are, we're sure we'd be fine with it (exceptions exist, but we'd try to offer help, at least).

Also, this isn't solely about ascending in SP, it's about having fun and making creative things!

Here's hoping for the progress of many members! We'll see ya in the skype group!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Members right now:

List of members
Member nameDesignation
RecorderdudeModerator[OSP] [F=Animator,Musician]
sweet_lil_elizaCo Moderator, PR [F=Privileged member] [OSP]
HaloGroup member [F=Moderator] [OSP]
SpeedySpikesGroup member [F=Animator]
Dragonlord7337Group member
CalvinSkyeGroup member
Sonicyay2Group member
Kwasior1Group member
RGPAnimsGroup member
MorphiusGroup member
TaroGroup member
TheSKullWolfGroup member
Dr Mack FoxxGroup member [OSP] [F= Musician]
ShadowRemixGroup member[OSP] [F= Deep Fried Techie]

OSP stands for official Sonic Paradox member
F=(enter text here) stands for designation on the forums (default is member)
Edited by Sweet_lil_Eliza, Thursday Mar 10 2016, 02:11 AM.
sweet_lil_eliza (swit-leel-eleeeezah)
> A saccharine addict girl who wants to do a lot of things but doesnt has much time for it. Likes to talk to people. Draws. Chocolates.
Check her tumblr
Check her DA
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SpeedySpikes
Member Avatar
Yosh!
Animators
Not just for my sake, but for the sakes of literally everybody that decides to jump in to the chat, please follow those rules above. Please.
-SpeedySpikes
You know what they say! The more the merrier!

YouTube

KyoSo
Member Avatar
Ship's Hologram
Privileged Member
Obviously since I was a part of the original SP TNG I want to join the new group. If I recall correctly I was actually the one who came up that title, but it was supposed to stand for "Next Generation", like Star Trek the Next Generation. Whatever, that's not actually even slightly important.
Proud creator of Xonic S and Sonic the Other Movie. I also wrote the Guide to Writing Ideas for the SEGA Shorts, which you should read, and am the token girl moderator over at SoaH City.

Posted Image

halo
Member Avatar
Idea strikes. Genius ensues.
Go ahead and add me.
Posted Image

Morphius
Member Avatar
Cyborg Nyan Rockman
Members
Smegerama
Wednesday Dec 23 2015, 03:23 PM
Obviously since I was a part of the original SP TNG I want to join the new group. If I recall correctly I was actually the one who came up that title, but it was supposed to stand for "Next Generation", like Star Trek the Next Generation. Whatever, that's not actually even slightly important.
I too thought at first (when reading SLE's/RD's SP Skype Notice) that "SP TNG" abbreviated "Sonic Paradox: The Next Generation"...!

Skype: Morphius -- (Just look for me with my cyborg mech suit, sword buster, & Mettaur Barrier.)
YESH, C'MON, SHOW ME YA' MOVES!!!

SnooPING AS usual, I SEE??
Posted Image

SkruskieTheKitsune
Member Avatar
I believe I can fail... at modelling in Blender...
Members
To be honest, I haven't seen SonicYay2 in ages, wonder where he's gone...
The only image I have that's 35 KiloBytes is one pixel of solid colour.
Spoiler: click to toggle

Dragonlord7337
Member Avatar
Relusive from lag
Members
SkruskieTheKitsune
Saturday Dec 26 2015, 05:32 AM
To be honest, I haven't seen SonicYay2 in ages, wonder where he's gone...
He's been on the Skype one a few times

(Oh yeah. Sure. Add me. Though I thought I already said okay before ;P )

Sweet_lil_Eliza
Member Avatar
Privileged Member
Morphius
Friday Dec 25 2015, 03:13 PM
Smegerama
Wednesday Dec 23 2015, 03:23 PM
I too thought at first (when reading SLE's/RD's SP Skype Notice) that "SP TNG" abbreviated "Sonic Paradox: The Next Generation"...!

Skype: Morphius -- (Just look for me with my cyborg mech suit, sword buster, & Mettaur Barrier.)
I couldnt find you because there are a LOT of morphius around on skype, try adding me (searching 'xmasangelavan' should do the trick) and if it doesn't works, I'll send you a joinin link in the PM

@Skruskie - he's very active in the skype group chat, many people are, so he doesn't hang out much in the forums

@Danny done~
> A saccharine addict girl who wants to do a lot of things but doesnt has much time for it. Likes to talk to people. Draws. Chocolates.
Check her tumblr
Check her DA

MacTheWriter
Member Avatar
Fueled by everyday memes and iced cappuccinos.
Members
I might join in. :Tails:

If I'm not mistaken, my Skype ID is using the same email I always use, which is macthewriter@outlook.com
Shit I'm working on that nobody cares about

theskullwolf
Member Avatar

Members
There doesn't seem to be a lot of activity in the stream chat room like I remember there being a couple years back, so I'd like to be in the skype room if you're willing to have me. My skype username is theskullninja (because theskullwolf was already taken).
Both my intelligence and competency levels are exceeded only by my ego.

KyoSo
Member Avatar
Ship's Hologram
Privileged Member
I don't care what you guys insist, calling it "The Next Generation" was my idea. I'll fight you.
Proud creator of Xonic S and Sonic the Other Movie. I also wrote the Guide to Writing Ideas for the SEGA Shorts, which you should read, and am the token girl moderator over at SoaH City.

Posted Image

Sweet_lil_Eliza
Member Avatar
Privileged Member
Kyoko you were dreaming it was totally old man owl's idea

....wait a second
Check her tumblr
Check her DA

ShadowRemix
Member Avatar
Sonic Paradox Deep Fried Techie

I'll join in just for Tech assistance as needed. Recorderdude knows what I'm talking about.
"If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth."

~Louis
~Jacob's Ladder

Heroic659

Members
Hey sp mines is thatheroicwildones on Skype I look forward to join the team in the future and sharing laughs animation and entertainment to the table

Sweet_lil_Eliza
Member Avatar
Privileged Member
Sorry Heroic695, you dont meet the conditions yet.

And ShadowRemix is now a member of the group, hooray!
Check her tumblr
Check her DA

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General chatter · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Google+ Copyright Phillip Young 2013
Newgrounds
Sonic Stadium
Sonic Radio
Last Minute Continue