Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Home Home Home Home Home Home Home
Add Reply
What's going on with you?; Because we care.
Topic Started: Thursday Aug 22 2013, 06:05 PM (131,298 Views)
ImPantsAtThis
Member Avatar
Don't worry -- I've got a plan.
Animators
This forum's supposed to be about your daily life, right? Since there are no discussion threads here, I thought to make one. So think of this thread as a less annoying Facebook; I encourage you to come here and check in, sound off about any issues, get it off your chest, stuff like that or even just come and "shoot the $&%#", as they say, if you so choose.

And to create an atmosphere of the impersonal discussion of topics, I shall begin:

What's up?

For me, not much. I got some exam results today, they're not the most important tests I'll ever take, but they determine how early I'll crash and burn. The results themselves were great; I'm really proud of them and I even got my picture in the news here: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ (you have to highlight the "Leeds schools fear unfair GCSE marks" story and the picture is in the thumb nail you can enlarge. which one am I?).

If I'm being honest, that's the most exciting thing to happen to me for at least a year. It gets boring for me, but what can you do, eh?

The floor is yours; what's up?
Edison Trent doesn't need a quote. He has edited .ini files
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pylorian
Member Avatar
Awkward Werehog
Members
Nice to see a new topic here.
As for me, my life's pretty boring right now other than I start 12th grade on Monday.
Every world has its end, I know that's kinda sad, but... that's why we gotta live life to the fullest in the time we have.
-Sonic the Hedgehog

ImPantsAtThis
Member Avatar
Animators
That's a weird coincidence; I start year 12* on the 3rd of Sep. How are you making the most of your time before school starts? On the last day of vacation/summer holidays, I always kick myself for wasting my holiday time vegetating around the house.

*Unfortunately for our coincidence, year 12 is equivalent to 11th grade (so close).

Pylorian
Member Avatar
Awkward Werehog
Members
I've been relaxing at home for the most part. I know I won't have much time to do so once school starts.
Every world has its end, I know that's kinda sad, but... that's why we gotta live life to the fullest in the time we have.
-Sonic the Hedgehog

ImPantsAtThis
Member Avatar
Animators
Same here.

On the time issue, I'm not too worried. From what i gather, at my stage in education, we (UK) cover less topics at once than in the US. That should leave me with some time not devoted to studying my options (Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry). Those are the only lessons I take, and I understand the US HSD requires a more rounded course of study, yes? Bit of a bummer, that; you don't get enough time to figure out what you like and want to do in university...

Pylorian
Member Avatar
Awkward Werehog
Members
Yeah, high school here (at least where I live) requires 7 courses per year. It's really not too difficult though.
-Sonic the Hedgehog

ImPantsAtThis
Member Avatar
Animators
Maybe so, but I don't envy you on that front. I'm glad I get more time to slack off; you should see it -- I'm at pro after all my experience. XD

Pylorian
Member Avatar
Awkward Werehog
Members
Nothing better than doing nothing.XD
-Sonic the Hedgehog

ImPantsAtThis
Member Avatar
Animators
There is a quote from a "wise" man that springs to mind when I read your post.

"My mind's tellin' me nooo. But my body! My body's tellin' me yeeeeeeeees!"

My point: while I enjoy slacking, I begin to hate myself for it when it's not earned.

On another note, you know TV's in a sorry state when total wipe-out is re-running a Christmas special in August. It worries me. I'm off to go sleep, but I'll leave you with this final thought: In Sonic 2, you defeat a boss and Eggman runs away; why, instead of busting the capsule and chasing him, do Sonic and Tails stop and pose for the camera. I think it has potential as a gag, but maybe it's also indicative of Sonic's arrogant cockiness that we hardly ever see.

Until next time.

Pylorian
Member Avatar
Awkward Werehog
Members
Alright, good night.

I gotta agree, either cockiness or overconfidence, though the two are practically the same. Sonic knows he'll beat anything the man throws at him so why bother finishing him off.
-Sonic the Hedgehog

Sweet_lil_Eliza
Member Avatar
Excessively chatty, hypnotising, chocolate lover
Privileged Member
Wow, guess I missed a lot yesterday.
What's up?

Congratulations on your results. I hope you do even better ^_^

As for me, I am just stuck with school. Not much fun in my summer either, I am just here writing my projects.

Well, hope to listen more from you and thank you for creating an active topic (:
sweet_lil_eliza (swit-leel-eleeeezah)
> A saccharine addict girl who wants to do a lot of things but doesnt has much time for it. Likes to talk to people. Draws. Chocolates.
Check her tumblr
Check her DA

ImPantsAtThis
Member Avatar
Animators

Thanks for the kind words; it's a shame you're not having much fun, but I bet you can find some way of making it enjoyable (I'm stumped though).

Is an active thread really that rare around here? I knew this forum could be slow, but is it this bad? I'm gonna try to keep things (such as this topic) active and moving, and we'll see what we can do.

Looking forward to having a 90s day on Saturday; my folks will be out and the Xbox is getting moved downstairs. The day will consist of watching Saturday morning cartoons and playing the Sonic games on the Mega Drive Ultimate Collection, topped off that evening with a pizza with extra cheese and chicken strips :wub: . I'm hoping it'll take me back to simpler times, but I'll enjoy it anyways.

You guys ever do anything like that for nostalgia's sake?

Sweet_lil_Eliza
Member Avatar
Privileged Member
The fact is that I'm too busy being busy. I have things to make my life enjoyable, and I enjoy being here (:
Honestly, it is rare. Ban the above poster is only active here. I hope you succeed

WOW! You will have fun.

I do all that, but being a veg... he he
> A saccharine addict girl who wants to do a lot of things but doesnt has much time for it. Likes to talk to people. Draws. Chocolates.
Check her tumblr
Check her DA

ImPantsAtThis
Member Avatar
Animators
So... no chicken strips, onion rings instead?

Recently I've been putting some real hard work into avoiding continuing my fanfic; procrastination is the best medication, you know?

But seriously, it actually makes me sad the state this board is in. I can't turn it around -- I'm not a magic man -- but I think we can have some fun if we hit worthwhile talking points during our time here.

Sweet_lil_Eliza
Member Avatar
Privileged Member
Yeah, onion rings.
My idea of fun is getting my fave song on the music player, get a copy and pen. DRAW DRAW DRAW. and eat :3
I have a friend named Daniel who says the 'procrastination is the best medication' sad

It makes me sad but together, we call all change that ^_^
Check her tumblr
Check her DA

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General chatter · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Google+ Copyright Phillip Young 2013
Newgrounds
Sonic Stadium
Sonic Radio
Last Minute Continue