Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Home Home Home Home Home Home Home
Add Reply
Best Sonic Bosses? (Top 10 list)
Biolizard (Shadow Fight) 31 (21.8%)
Neo Metal Sonic (Knuckles chaotix) 0 (0%)
Labyrinth Zone and/or Final Zone (Sonic 1) 3 (2.1%)
The Doppleganger Fight (Sonic2/SnK) 2 (1.4%)
Marble Garden (Sonic 3) 5 (3.5%)
Big Arm (Sonic 3) 9 (6.3%)
The Doomsday (Sonic and Knuckles) 17 (12%)
Metal Sonic (Sonic CD) 19 (13.4%)
Toxic Caves (Sonic Spinball) 0 (0%)
Final Boss (Sonic 3D Blast) 1 (0.7%)
Crystal Egg (Sonic 2 GG) 1 (0.7%)
Fang (Sonic Triple Trouble) 3 (2.1%)
Mecha Golem (Tails Adventure) 1 (0.7%)
E-101 Beta mkII (Sonic Adventure) 11 (7.7%)
Egg X (Sonic Advance) 2 (1.4%)
Egg Lancer (Sonic Unleashed) 7 (4.9%)
Nega Wisp (Sonic Colors) 21 (14.8%)
True Area 53 (sonic advance 2) 1 (0.7%)
Mephiles Stage 2 (Sonic 06) 8 (5.6%)
Total Votes: 142
PPP- Top 10 Sonic Boss Poll; Vote for our upcoming video!
Topic Started: Sunday Jul 14 2013, 12:27 PM (5,624 Views)
Celest
Member Avatar
hackedbyCosmic<3
We're doing a multi-vote poll so that we can organize which you think would make a top 10 boss list for ParadoxPowerPlays. We feel as if getting some involvement and more opinions might bring in more views, which in turn brings in more monetization, which brings more equipment for everyone. We've already decided on a list of best bosses from most of the Sonic games (feel free to add to the list here if you know of more worthy bosses), and we need your help organizing them into a top list. You can vote on three items, and after enough votes, we'll decide on the list based on the results. It will help if you post your reasoning in the comments. We're judging by plot, atmosphere, music, and gameplay.
Posted Image
My Newgrounds Page
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Celest
Member Avatar
hackedbyCosmic<3
Explaining my votes.

Voted on Doomsday, Metal Sonic, and Nega Wisps for particular reasons.

Doomsday was a fantastic final boss level. Not just a boss, but an entire level that you cannot get otherwise unless you have all of the Chaos Emeralds or Super Emeralds. The music behind it definitely got you going, and added a more 'finale' showdown feel against the two bosses. You also have the feeling that if you can't take him out fast enough, you'll break out of super form and have to start all over. Definitely a precursor to the Sonic Adventure bosses.

I voted on Metal Sonic from Sonic CD because it was his first appearance, and definitely iconic. Not to mention, he was the hardest 'boss' out of them all in Sonic CD. Let's face it. Robotnik didn't design too well of threats for Sonic to go up against until Metal. The race against him put you in a very competitive mindset, and in the chance that you get stuck or are drastically slowed down, you have Robotnik coming up from behind with a death beam.

I put Nega Wisp on my third vote because it is the first final boss that you get to face that is actually Eggman in the longest time, not a Super Sonic fight, nor a monster/god/minion-gone-wrong fight. It's you versus him, and Sonic carries that attitude through the whole fight. The boss is not as hard, but does require some timing when dodging some of the Wisp attacks he throws at you. Also, the music makes the battle all the more ominous.
Posted Image
My Newgrounds Page
Posted Image

DrMackFoxx
Member Avatar
Host of SP Radio

My personal favorites from this list have to be:

Metal Sonic (Sonic CD)
Crystal Egg (Sonic 2 GG)
Biolizard (Shadow Fight)

For Metal Sonic, it's always been one of the best climatic clashes in the Sonic series: hedgehog versus metallic doppelganger with Amy Rose's fate in the balance. The frantic feel of this death race on Stardust Speedway is propelled by great music and, if you ask me, the best environment is the Bad Future, which only enhances the mood of this epic showdown.

For Crystal Egg, which really is best played on the Master System for the best effect between having a much bigger playing field and the more frantic Boss Battle BGM of the Master System version of Sonic 2. It's the best boss of 8-Bit Sonic 2 by far: you have to keep on your toes and keep moving. There's no time for rest in this one. Although not officially confirmed, it has been suggested for quite some time that failure to face and defeat Robotnik leads to Tails' death. Quite the dark outcome considering the future of this dynamic duo: Sonic and Tails

As for the Biolizard, this boss is tough. Not nearly as tough as the final hazard, but the environment and challenge level definitely make this fight memorable. The first time I heard the background music for this battle, I knew I was in for a rough, but awesome ride! The Biolizard keeps changing up its attacks, making you have to alter your strategy. "Hmph! Prototype!"
Edited by DrMackFoxx, Sunday Jul 14 2013, 12:52 PM.

Time8th
Member Avatar
Dude
Privileged Member
Ok, here's my vote, the last being my favorite.

Number 3: The Douppleganger fight (Sonic 2/SnK)
This was my first "WTF" moment when playing the sonic games. "Now I have to fight this robotic Sonic. A... Metal Sonic, if you will..."
Little did I know that there would be a Metal Sonic later down the line.
However, Metal doesn't make the list because Doppleganger came first, and I thought that was Metal Sonic.

Number 2: Big Arm (Sonic 3)
Holy Cow, this boss can grab you and he's got spikes on his roof/ cover thing.
plus, he's a slippery customer. And that final boss music... truly epic.
Surely there isn't a better Boss Fight?

Number 1: The Doomsday (Sonic and Knuckles)
And then SEGA went and did this boss. Damn, this boss was perfect.
2 whole acts of a level, and they're all boss fights.
You could feel the urgency to beat this guy when you're younger,
and now you just want to prove you've still got what it takes to take Robuttnik down.
Once again, music is top form here. Truly, the boss battle to end all boss battles.
Edited by Time8th, Sunday Jul 14 2013, 01:05 PM.
Posted Image

Recorderdude
Member Avatar
Trampoline Terror!
Animators
The Doomsday - Could the Sonic 3 and Knuckles Storyline possibly have a more fitting conclusion? After making your way through the longest and most eventful sonic game in the classic series, with a narrative that manages to grip the player without a single line of dialogue, managing to nab all fourteen chaos AND super emeralds, and, finally, you reach the final boss. You tear it apart piece by piece,avoid eggman's fire snot and massive mouth lasers, and finally destroy eggman's capsule and regain the master emerald...

Wait, what's that?

Tension couldn't be higher. Eggman has taken the emerald one last time, and is heading quickly towards his destination. As a last-ditch effort to save the planet, you turn hyper, flying through space, navigating through gigantic comets and discovering a giant egg-machine that you can't even visibly damage. It's a race against time before you run out of rings and suffocate in deep space...

Luckily, there is a way to win. Realizing that you can't outmuscle eggman's ship...you learn to outsmart it. By directing eggman's missles back into the ship, you take it down and significantly weaken eggman; the final stretch of the battle sees you navigating all of the hazards at once; eggman's last remaining firepower, comets, and other hazards, as you get the final hits in on his ship and send it crashing down, returning the master emerald to its place and saving the world. It's near-cinematic fights like this that make sonic 3 one of the highest-regarded games in the entire series.

Nack - Now here's a boss that's quite unique, mainly because he doesn't encompass one encounter, but many. What makes nack so interesting is that he's a boss with legitimate character. While, like eggman, many of the machines he uses to fight you are absolutely ridiculous, he's not competent or knowledgeable about them AT ALL. Heck, your first encounter with him involves him pulling the whole Sonic 3 "Press Switch and Laugh" routine...resulting in a stream of fire burning HIS hide instead of yours! However, he grows more competent over time, and while his fights are never an incredible challenge, they do grow tougher, and nack's ineptness and overconfidence gives each fight an amusing and lighthearted air and often a comical end. In conclusion, Nack is the anti-knuckles, and that's what makes his fights so enjoyable.

E-101 MKII - This is a bossfight that stands as one of the most memorable and heartbreaking not for the content of the fight itself, but rather for the story surrounding it. Throughout the entirety of Gamma's story, he has been doing what he believes is "liberation" of the bird family trapped inside himself and his brothers, gaining full sentience and wiping eggman's orders from his mind. Just when he thinks it's all over, his closest brother flies in and begins to attack him. With no control over his own actions towards Gamma, Beta forces him to fight back. Following the bossfight, you can clearly see gamma's regret for his actions, as he hopes that he has freed Beta's mind.

...he has not.

Still programmed with the intentions to kill Gamma, he cheapshots him as Gamma comes close, causing him considerable damage. At this point, Both Beta and Gamma are in bad shape. There's no saving Beta, but, if he wants to, Gamma can save himself.

At the absolute last minute, Gamma has a memory flash by his mind; The entire family of birds trapped inside him. It is at this point that Gamma realizes that all of the birds are in fact connected, and the bird within him cannot live with his family unless he is no longer living.

In a scene easily the most heartbreaking in the entirety of the sonic series, Gamma refuses to repair himself, gives into the damage and explodes, setting the bird free.

What makes this boss (and scene) so incredibly heartbreaking is that Gamma fully understood that he would never see or hear thanks for his selfless actions; his brother was mindless and could not understand that he was a living prison, and, after Gamma explodes, his sentience and very existance fades away, never giving the birds a chance to thank him for freeing them. Gamma took his own life so that others could live, expecting and recieving nothing for it, simply because it was the right thing to do. When you can make two robots exploding outdo the emotional impact of Shadow's farewell, and an entire continuity reset of the universe, there's no doubt in my mind that the buildup of Gamma's story and heartbreaking climax easily make the E-101MKII fight (and gamma's storyline as a whole) the greatest achievement in writing the Sonic Series has ever seen and may ever see.
Edited by Recorderdude, Sunday Jul 14 2013, 01:13 PM.
You can find me on these sites too.

Seaside Denied Metropolis Mayhem Volume 8

ZELDA NO DENSETSU: STAPPU ZATTO FAHKIN MUUN!

Cosmic_Eternity
Member Avatar
Celest's Shadow

My choices:
Biolizard
Metal Sonic
E-101

My choices were picked by a common reason; I've actually fought these bosses.
As a young one, mind you, which left all the more impact on me.
But, I'll go into a little more further detail with each one.

Biolizard: Shadow's story as a character has always had an impact on me. I've often been able to relate myself to him as he grew as a character - and especially in his small, but impacting growth as a character in SA2; one of the most memorable games I owned as a child, taking one of the spots as one of my very favorite Sonic games.
The fight with Biolizard was that of a massive conclusion, and somewhat of a beginning. Not only was it the primary conclusion to the game, but it was a conclusion to a part of Shadow's story and the beginning of his life as the Ultimate life form, that title being shared with Biolizard. I felt an impact as he took responsibility for it being HIS fight, knowing he had to settle a score with this creature he was to call himself. I could get a little more into it, but that covers the basics for now.

Metal Sonic: Another obvious choice for me. But honestly, I choose Metal not just because he's my favorite character next to Shadow, but because the boss had such an impact on me. The story to it is this: I owned Sonic CD as a child on PC, but never got past Tidal Tempest due to age, troubles with keyboard controls, and the fact that I was petrified of beating Robotnik because of his American boss theme :'(
So when I had picked up Sonic Gems, (meaning Sonic CD was much easier to play thanks to being able to play with a controller) I remember I was like 13 when I finally got somewhere in the game. Once I was on a roll I didn't stop, and ended up playing Sonic CD up until Metallic Madness at like 3 or 4 in the morning (thanks to starting game play around midnight).
Sonic CD itself left such an impact on me as a game due to the fact that every stage I went through that night was a COMPLETELY new experience for me. I hadn't seen the stages, only heard the soundtrack (as the PC version of both Sonic CD and Sonic R doubled as a soundtrack to the game); so it was that much more exciting for me.
Now I wasn't very good to start out with, meaning I always got bad futures. So pair up fighting Metal for the very first time with the American bad future song, it really was quite a treat for me.

And finally, last but not least,
E-101:
Another boss that had an impact on me thanks to playing the story blindly (meaning never played before) as a child.
Next to Metal, E-102 is my favorite Sonic series robot; and it's no secret that I prefer E-102 over Omega any day.
It's also no secret that E-102's storyline was the most impacting on most SA1 players. So to finally come to the conclusion of it, this was no doubt the best way to handle it. The story between E-102 and his brother robots, especially E-101, was no doubt incredibly both heartwarming and heart wrenching.
The music for it was very memorable to me, a play off of one of my very favorite Sonic songs. Not only was it a challenging boss as a newcomer player to it, but paired of with it's climax and conclusion of Gamma's story, it will always be one of my very favorite stories and bosses to complete in any Sonic game.

I could go more into each choice, but seeing as I didn't really even want to type this out right now, my explanations might be lacking a little.
*__*
Edited by Cosmic_Eternity, Sunday Jul 14 2013, 01:19 PM.
Posted Image

Morphius
Member Avatar
Cyborg Nyan Rockman
Members
Final Fight in Sonic 3D Blast: Flickie's Island (Genesis/Megadrive) was worth it.! Even on Sonic Mega Collection Plus, considering 'twas the first time ever to beat Final Fight...!

Big Arms wasn't too hard, I guess... As long as you use your Sonic Spin whilst using your Spin Attack, you may even penetrate Big Arms' spikey helmet...!

Nega Wisp was also worth fighting against, especially when the wisps you freed will help you finish him off later on! SO COSMIC!! :dance:
YESH, C'MON, SHOW ME YA' MOVES!!!

SnooPING AS usual, I SEE??
Posted Image

Jim

Members
hard choice.
not many I like on this. But I say Biolizard because seeing my brother rage really hard was funny
and I was very difficult

Celest
Member Avatar
hackedbyCosmic<3
Was that your only vote? You can vote on three different bosses on this list.
Posted Image
My Newgrounds Page
Posted Image

Pylorian
Member Avatar
Awkward Werehog
Members
Biolizard, Doomsday and Nega Wisp.
The first 2 for being legitimately challenging and leaving me with a sense of accomplishment after beating them and Nega Wisp for being perfect as a final boss for Sonic Colors.
Every world has its end, I know that's kinda sad, but... that's why we gotta live life to the fullest in the time we have.
-Sonic the Hedgehog

Whitesonic
Member Avatar
NM...BRB! - Richie!
Animators
I vote for Bowser in Super Mario World. Best boss ever.
But really, Final zone boss. Tough meanie face even now.
Posted Image
Try being me for a day. It's a lot of fun! Whitesonic on DeviantArt, Livestream, Newgrounds and YouTube!

GameNator147
Member Avatar

Members
I actually think why wasn't there the Finalhazard and Perfect Chaos boss fight. I would've chosen them because the epicness and the MUSIC OF THEM!!! For me, THEY WE'RE FUCKING AWESOME! But i still chose the Doomsday zone boss fight. Because of being difficult at first unless you know what to do and the sense of accomplishment. It wasn't rewarding as the Dr. Fetus boss fight, bith the light and dark world, from Super Meat Boy, but hey, it was still rewarding. Because i don't have joke, i'l just use a emoticon. :punchtails:

sonicthehedgetwat
Member Avatar

Members
Defiantly Metal Sonic from CD
Posted Image

Firefoxforeva!

Members
Obviusly Metal Sonic. He is AWSOME! So I vote for him.

CodeWeaver
Member Avatar

Members
I voted for Egg X (Sonic Advance), True Area 53 (Sonic Advance 2), and Biolizard.

I'm partially biased in my Sonic Advance decisions because they are very nostalgic to me; Sonic Advance was my first Sonic game ever. Even still, I have valid particular reasons.

Egg X
-------
The main reason I like this boss is the tension. The fact of the matter is, nobody ever says anything in this game. The characters are very reserved. It gives the protagonist a more determined feeling, and it gives Eggman a darker tone; he's never silly in this game like he is in modern Sonic games. No, he's simply there to stop you. But in contrast to the old Genesis games, you can see it on his face that he's strained, and that he's pulling out all the stops. The Egg X is his final defense, even after breaking out his two early (and failed) creations from Sonic 1 and 2. Not to mention, the boss has some rather difficult attacks that takes some getting used to to beat. It's not a long ridiculous zone, but you're free to die a few times. Only slightly easier than I would hope.

True Area 53
--------------
This goes mostly in-hand with what I said about the Egg X; Eggman has tried desperately to repel all the heroes in the game. In addition, though, getting this stage unlocked is absolute hell. Not only are you, at this point, feeling a slight relief to finally get to the "end" of the game, you're still determined as ever to finally end Eggman's plans. But the fight is no cakewalk; your bonus for getting the chaos emeralds and defeating the game with all characters isn't a laughably easy boss fight; it's a battle to remember against Eggman at his darkest. His darkest because he's captured Vanilla for little reason other than stirring the pot, even at the expense of Cream. It's not that Eggman has abandoned all his morals, but he's pushing serious limits here that call for a drastic fight.

Biolizard
----------
I have nothing to add here that hasn't already been said by others. I'd detail it more but I don't really remember this boss. Haven't fought it in a loooong time.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Video Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Google+ Copyright Phillip Young 2013
Newgrounds
Sonic Stadium
Sonic Radio
Last Minute Continue
Sonic Retro
EvilDoc