Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Home Home Home Home Home Home Home
Add Reply
Technical difficulties; Got a problem with a program?
Topic Started: Friday Apr 9 2010, 05:40 AM (8,552 Views)
Jacks

halo
Feb 3 2012, 10:10 PM
BoozermaN
Feb 3 2012, 12:06 PM
DVI-D to VGA

I might be mistaken, but that makes absolutely no sense to me. DVI-D cannot carry an analog signal and therefore cannot be connected to VGA. I think dual-link DVI-I was the one that can carry VGA.

And jacks, in almost all cases it is impossible to change gfx card in a laptop because they are soldered to the mobo.

I gathered. Apparently there are VERY rare exceptions.. after a bit more research.

I've been told that the driver should be fine though. Also Cintiq12wx is hardly *brand new technology, by all accounts it SHOULD work on laptop..

*new, not old. My bad.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KaDoYuu
Member Avatar
Spasmodic doodler
Animators
I'm having a problem with CS4: I just recently went to convert all of my movie clips to graphics. When I play the movie, I find that most of my symbols are now replaced with the 1st graphic I converted from a movie clip. It now shows clips that are very out of place on the timeline, and I can't seem to change them back. My movie appears to be visually ruined, at the moment. -_-
Stay inspired!

Piggybank
Member Avatar

Animators
EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out. I tore apart the Newgrounds preloader and found out how the button link in it worked, then used that code in the buttons I made to find everything seems to work now.

Alright, I'm having a big problem with Flash that's keeping me from releasing my latest animation, and with me trying to get this animation finished this weekend and not having figured out a solution myself I don't know where else to go but here.

So, I'm trying to make buttons in my animation that, when clicked, will open up a webpage in a different tab or window. Right now I have the getURL command in the actions for my button (I'm using ActionScript 2), and everything works when I ctrl+enter in Flash and click on the buttons; they open another webpage like they're supposed to. When I upload the animation into the Newgrounds dump for testing though, when you click on the buttons they no longer open up the webpage.

Please, I've been searching all over the web about this and have turned up nothing, and with this being almost the last thing holding me back from releasing this animation (I still have to do some more coloring, but other than that this is the last thing holding me back), I don't know what to do. If anyone has any experience with figuring out how to insert a working button that opens a webpage, please feel free to help me out. Thank you. :)

KaDoYuu
Member Avatar
Spasmodic doodler
Animators
TheWax made a short tutorial regarding this, recently...

If I recall correctly (I probably don't), you create the button, look for its properties, then go to 'actions' or something... I forget the rest. I wish I could be of more help. :/
Stay inspired!

KaDoYuu
Member Avatar
Spasmodic doodler
Animators
KaDoYuu
Feb 18 2012, 04:56 PM
I'm having a problem with CS4: I just recently went to convert all of my movie clips to graphics. When I play the movie, I find that most of my symbols are now replaced with the 1st graphic I converted from a movie clip. It now shows clips that are very out of place on the timeline, and I can't seem to change them back. My movie appears to be visually ruined, at the moment. -_-

I am still having this issue in CS4. It's already ruined 2 of my movies by misplacing symbols. Now it's screwing up another work. I won't get a whole lot published, at this rate.
edit: This time, when I try to tween a symbol, it gets replaced with the wrong one and I can't swap it with anything else.

Can anyone explain this to me?
Stay inspired!

Piggybank
Member Avatar

Animators
KaDoYuu
Jul 22 2012, 02:13 AM
KaDoYuu
Feb 18 2012, 04:56 PM

I am still having this issue in CS4. It's already ruined 2 of my movies by misplacing symbols. Now it's screwing up another work. I won't get a whole lot published, at this rate.
edit: This time, when I try to tween a symbol, it gets replaced with the wrong one and I can't swap it with anything else.

Can anyone explain this to me?

I think I can help here. I have this problem when changing a movie clip to a graphics symbol as well, especially if it's in multiple keyframes. Are you having a problem with it, after being converted from a movie clip to a graphic, starting at the first frame every time you go to a new keyframe?

If that's the case, you can take care of that by selecting the keyframe, then the graphic object that's giving you trouble. In the properties panel, look for the number that represents what frame you want the graphic to start at, and change that so it matches up with what frame you want the graphic to start playing at. Rinse and repeat for all keyframes that the graphic is messed up at. It's extremely tedious, but if you don't want to redo all those frames and tweens again with your new graphics symbol, it might be your only choice.

...Did that help at all? :)

KaDoYuu
Member Avatar
Spasmodic doodler
Animators
Problem solved! Thank you, PB!
Stay inspired!

AGentleStar

Members
I asked this question in the wrong forum but: Does anyone know how to adjust the file size of a picture. I'm trying to change my avatar and it keeps saying the file size is too big.

DeerTheFox
Member Avatar
The Owner of Over 21 OCs.
Members
I need help.

Okay. I play The Sims 3 and lately it has been crashing because it is taking up like a butt load of memory on my computer.

I run the Windows 8.1 operating system.

Is my computer crappy or is my Sims being a butthole?
Check out my dA!

------

Posted Image

sarahtails
Member Avatar

Members
do u know a link where i can download flash pro for FREE.....want to be an addition to this amazing sonic fan page :)

OldFashionedLizard
Member Avatar
WELCOME TO ST ALPHONZOS PANCAKE BREAKFAST
Members
sarahtails
Wednesday Apr 23 2014, 08:53 PM
do u know a link where i can download flash pro for FREE.....want to be an addition to this amazing sonic fan page :)
Posted Image

ILLEGAL
Posted Image

Sweet_lil_Eliza
Member Avatar
Excessively chatty, hypnotising, chocolate lover
Privileged Member
sarahtails
Wednesday Apr 23 2014, 08:53 PM
Grammar. It's important in here.

Anyways, considering that flash pro doesn't has any 'legal' free version. You'll have to either ask for a good friend who has it to give you (don't assume us to be good friends yet...) or lower your standards and go get a pirated copy.

And for the love of god, call this sonicparadox.
sweet_lil_eliza (swit-leel-eleeeezah)
> A saccharine addict girl who wants to do a lot of things but doesnt has much time for it. Likes to talk to people. Draws. Chocolates.
Check her tumblr
Check her DA

Be7AMod
Member Avatar
Can You Feel The Sunshine?...
Members
Why they banned that guy, someone answer that...
P.S. the banned icon is scary "tails doll"!!!
Posted Image
My Twitch Channel
My Newgrounds Page
My Webpage

CowboyJoseph64

Members
the download button to the Sonic CD screensaver doesn't seem to work. Is the link broken or something?

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
« Previous Topic · General chatter · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Google+ Copyright Phillip Young 2013
Newgrounds
Sonic Stadium
Sonic Radio
Last Minute Continue
Sonic Retro
EvilDoc
SatAM
Nushift