Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Home Home Home Home Home Home Home
Add Reply
Technical difficulties; Got a problem with a program?
Topic Started: Friday Apr 9 2010, 05:40 AM (8,551 Views)
Jacks

Just thought that the forum could do with a software-assistance thread. Nearly put this in Animation for Flash etc, but it could be for any kind of program that we use. This is mostly for the ones common to us however, like Flash and Audacity for animators/animators and voice actors.

THIS IS NOT FOR QUESTIONS ON HOW TO ANIMATE OR VOICE ACT. Anyone asking such questions will be ignored.

First of all the most common one seems to be the sound quality problem on Flash. If anyone is new to Flash, know that you have to change your Export settings when you make a new file, and wish to view your progress so far. I'll copypasta from another thread-

Quote:

When you go to publish it (hit the Publish Settings in File just in case) you should find there's Audio Stream and Audio Event buttons. Go to each of these, and maximise the sound quality, make it the highest Bit Rate and Quality and it should be smoother.

I don't know if you -have- to tweak the Audio Event one, I suppose it depends what 'kind' of sounds you use.

Okay, any issues? Post away. I for one, have a question. How do you get Audacity to allow 'Stereo Mix' on Vista? Has anyone had any success with it? If so I would like to know how :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Gust
Member Avatar
CEFIAZUX.
It's about time someone made a thread about this. I'm pinning this one.

Anyway, regarding the Stereo Mix issue, I use Vista and I have that same problem. I actually looked it up on youtube some time ago. Apparantly, the issue is that some line-in speaker thing is disabled. To re-enable it, you have to right click the volume menu button on the bottom right part of the start bar (or nearest to the clock, whatever), click the other option (not recording devices), right click Show Disabled Devices, and there should be a greyed out Line In device or something. I'm not sure you can do it if you have a laptop, though. I cant.

Anyway, I think that should work. If not, just look it up on youtube.
Hi.

Insector
Member Avatar

Animators
Have you gone into the Windows sound settings and enabled Stereo Mix? I believe it's disabled by default.

Also, this thread is not going to stop people making more topics about their questions.

Jacks

Insector
Apr 9 2010, 01:41 PM
Also, this thread is not going to stop people making more topics about their questions.

Neither does the Ideas thread to be fair, Tor ;)

Also, I don't seem to have Stereomix option on my Sound settings :/ I have a laptop so as Gust says, it seems it was to do with a piracy issue that they disabled it. Doesn't stop Altomp3 from making a PAID SOFTWARE which is essentially like a Stereomix...

Wish I had XP round about now.

the-real-iceman
Member Avatar
The fuck is this volcanic ash?
Animators
Jacks
Apr 9 2010, 10:40 AM
I don't know if you -have- to tweak the Audio Event one, I suppose it depends what 'kind' of sounds you use.

do you mean that you never need to set the audio streaming from 16 kbps to 56 or higher?

strange since it's mandatory for me or else i won't a clear sound.

And since this thread is about software difficulties; has anyone ever had that little problem when you're drawing something and suddenly the stage is empty?

nothing a little Crtl+Z won't fix but it's a strange little glitch that pops up every now and then for me
Posted Image

Gust
Member Avatar
CEFIAZUX.
the-real-iceman
Apr 9 2010, 02:29 PM
And since this thread is about software difficulties; has anyone ever had that little problem when you're drawing something and suddenly the stage is empty?

I've had that problem too, and it's annoying as hell. I have no idea why that happens, though.
Hi.

Jacks

the-real-iceman
Apr 9 2010, 06:29 PM
Jacks

do you mean that you never need to set the audio streaming from 16 kbps to 56 or higher?

Nah :blink: What I meant was that I wasn't sure if you had to change the audio event as well as the stream. The audio stream is a no brainer, but I wasn't sure if it was mandatory to change the event as well, or would it knock the filesize up needlessly or something.

Anyway- there's one thing that really bugs me about Flash too. Oftentimes when you select and click off something, it might fill it in BLACK for some reason... That, or completely remove it. Any idea why this might be? D:

Insector
Member Avatar

Animators
Sometimes the when I draw a shape with the brush tool it fills it in. I think it's just a bizarre quirk in Flash's programming.

Lt. RockTheJake
Member Avatar
BIG AMERICAN TEETEES
I think today I'm gonna try using my Western Digital external hard drive on my Xbox 360 via the new xbox live update that happened 4 days ago.

I watched this video earlier where some of the guys at Rooster Teeth tried different flash drives and hard drives (even up to a 2 Terabyte hard drive). So, hopefully it'll work right. From my understanding, it formats part of the hard drive by installing FATS32 or something like that.

I'll make sure to post my results later.
Posted Image
My Deviantart
My Youtube Channel

the-real-iceman
Member Avatar
Animators
Jacks
Apr 9 2010, 10:45 PM
the-real-iceman
Apr 9 2010, 06:29 PM
Jacks

Nah :blink: What I meant was that I wasn't sure if you had to change the audio event as well as the stream. The audio stream is a no brainer, but I wasn't sure if it was mandatory to change the event as well, or would it knock the filesize up needlessly or something.

you have the option of setting up soundfiles as either stream or event

for example if your flash is triggered with a Stop() action at the end and there is a speccific music you want to play, you just set up the music as a event and it won't stop playing
Posted Image

Stooper
Member Avatar
Up the pooper!
Members
Ive been having problems with importing an WMV file, it just freezes witch it NEVER did before it only does it on over 6 min videos though, so does anyone know why this is happening?
Guess WHO

KaDoYuu
Member Avatar
Spasmodic doodler
Animators
Sorry, can't help you, buddy.

I take back what I said before. I can hear what I'm doing, but everything else? Pfffft. This is tricky.
Stay inspired!

GameBuddy
Member Avatar
We're Apples. Forever.
Animators
Stooper
Apr 25 2010, 09:03 PM
Ive been having problems with importing an WMV file, it just freezes witch it NEVER did before it only does it on over 6 min videos though, so does anyone know why this is happening?

If you're on XP, go to the program settings and uncheck the codecs.
Visit My Website for all your voice actin' needs.

♫It's so scary the weird way that you watch♪

the-real-iceman
Member Avatar
Animators
Stooper

have you tried importing the file as a mp3?
Posted Image

Jacks

the-real-iceman
Apr 26 2010, 02:57 AM
Stooper

have you tried importing the file as a mp3?

Just adding to this lol

mp3s tend to be troublesome, although it might depend on your Flash version? For best success I suggest converting to wav format through Audacity :unsure:

Oooh somebody mention XP? Hmm.. are they even selling those anymore? Apparently they don't in this country <_<

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General chatter · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Google+ Copyright Phillip Young 2013
Newgrounds
Sonic Stadium
Sonic Radio
Last Minute Continue
Sonic Retro
EvilDoc